Last Updated on 27/03/2022 by Miki Yoshida
If you’ve ever had a package delivered to the wrong address, you know the frustration that can ensue. It seems like every time you have something important to ship, FedEx manages to deliver it to the wrong house. Unfortunately, this is a problem that is all too common. So, what would you do if FedEx delivered your package to the wrong address? In this article, we are discussing the detailed steps if FedEx delivered to the wrong address and how to prevent the package from being misdelivered.
- 1 What to Do if FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address
- 2 How to File a Claim if FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address
- 3 How to Prevent Your Package from being Misdelivered
- 4 What to Do if FedEx Delivered but No Package
- 5 What to Do if FedEx Delivered Someone Else’s Package
- 6 What to Do if FedEx Lost Your Package
- 7 Conclusion
What to Do if FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address
The first thing you will need to do is check the shipping address on your package. If the shipper put the wrong address and FedEx delivered to that address, then it is a shipper’s fault and they are responsible for fixing the issue. In this case, you should contact the shipper and they are supposed to handle it. On the other hand, if the shipping address was correct and FedEx delivered to the wrong address, then here’s what to do:
- Contact a FedEx customer service representative – 1.800 Go.FedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- Explain the situation to FedEx.
- Provide FedEx with the correct address and the package tracking number.
- FedEx will investigate the situation and determine if they delivered the package to the wrong address.
- If FedEx determines that the package was delivered to the wrong address, the driver is supposed to retrieve your package from the wrong address.
How to File a Claim if FedEx Delivered to Wrong Address
If you’re having trouble getting your package delivered to the right address, the first thing you should do is contact FedEx and explain the situation as discussed previously. They may be able to help you out and get your package to the right place. If that doesn’t work, you can file a claim with FedEx. Filing a claim can be done by visiting the FedEx website and navigating to the “File A Claim” section. Here’s how to file a claim if FedEx delivered to the wrong address:
- Visit FedEx’s website and click “Start a claim.”
- Enter your tracking number or progressive number.
- Select your claim type from a drop-down menu and click “Continue.”
- Fill out the package details.
- Attach any photos or a copy of the invoice to verify the amount of your claim.
- Review all the details and submit the claim form.
- Keep the case number for your reference.
- This online claim is applicable to FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® or FedEx Freight® shipments for the US domestic, the US to other countries, and Canada to the US.
- FedEx should resolve most claims within 5 to 7 business days after your claim submission.
- If your package is damaged or missing some contents, you must file a claim within 60 days from the shipping date for the US domestic packages and 21 days for international packages.
- If your package is undelivered or lost, you must file a claim within 9 months from the shipping date.
How to Prevent Your Package from being Misdelivered
If you’ve ever had a package go missing or be delivered to the wrong address, you know the importance of taking preventative measures to ensure your package arrives safely at its destination. Here are a few tips to help prevent your package from being misdelivered:
- Make sure the shipping address is correct and easy to read.
- Include a contact number in case FedEx delivered the package while you’re not home.
- If possible, use a secure shipping method that requires a signature upon delivery.
In fact, you might have already tried those methods and none of them wouldn’t work. If that’s the case, why don’t you try another way? Have you heard about FedEx Delivery Manager?
With FedEx Delivery Manager, you can manage your package deliveries online, and even receive text or email notifications when FedEx delivered your package. You can also choose to have your packages delivered to a nearby location including FedEx Office, Walgreens and more. So, you can pick them up when it’s convenient for you. You can sign up for free and get started to track and redirect your packages.
Bonus Tip: Get the FedEx Mobile App for easy and quick notification!
What to Do if FedEx Delivered but No Package
While FedEx may have delivered your package, the package never arrived at your doorstep. It’s likely that FedEx delivered it to the wrong address. This is a frustrating experience, especially when you need the package for an upcoming event. In this case, you will need to report the missing package to FedEx. Here’s what to do:
- Visit the FedEx tracking page and enter your tracking number or reference number.
- Enter the original delivery address of your package and click “Continue.”
- Click “Yes” if you’ve checked everywhere for your package.
- Enter your contact details.
- Confirm your preferred contact method, either text or email.
- Click “Submit” and keep the case number for your reference.
- Click “Done” and wait for FedEx to contact you.
What to Do if FedEx Delivered Someone Else’s Package
It can be incredibly frustrating when FedEx delivers someone else’s package to your door. What do you do in this situation? Here are a few tips:
- First, check the shipping information to see if the package was meant for you. Sometimes incorrect addresses are printed on labels, which can cause packages to be delivered to the wrong location.
- If the shipping information is correct and the package was not meant for you, try to find the original recipient. FedEx may have delivered the package to the wrong house by accident.
- If you cannot find the original recipient, you may either try to return the package to FedEx or call FedEx and ask them to redirect the package to the correct address.
What to Do if FedEx Lost Your Package
FedEx is known for its reliability, but what do you do when your package is lost? Here are some tips on what to do if FedEx lost your package:
- Contact FedEx as soon as you realise your package is missing.
- Provide them with your package’s tracking number and a description of the package.
- Ask them to track your package and provide you with updates.
- If the package is not found, file a claim with FedEx. In order to file a claim, you will need to provide FedEx with proof of purchase and/or shipping information.
- If the package is deemed to be lost, you may be eligible for reimbursement.
If FedEx delivered your package to the wrong address, the first thing you should do is contact FedEx and let them know. They may be able to help you figure out where your package ended up and how to get it back. If you can’t find your package or if it’s been damaged, you may need to file a claim with FedEx.
Although it can be frustrating, hopefully, this article has given you a few tips on what to do if FedEx delivered to the wrong address. By following these steps, you should be able to get your package to the right place as quickly as possible. You may want to read this article to learn what FedEx scheduled delivery pending means. Please also leave your comment if you have any questions or if you would like to share your own experiences.