USPS Package Drop Off Near Me – Easy Guide
Last Updated on 27/02/2022 by Miki Yoshida
If you’re looking for a convenient way to drop off your packages, the good news is that USPS has you covered! You can find a USPS package drop off near you using their handy locator tool. Just enter your zip code and you’ll see a list of nearby locations, including their hours of operation and contact information. You can not only drop off your packages at Post Office but also at Collection Box – Blue Box. We will discuss this in detail next.
How to find USPS package drop off near me
As mentioned at the beginning, USPS has a handy tool on their website that allows you to find the nearest drop-off location to you. Simply enter your zip code on the USPS website and choose one of your preferred locations such as “Post Office” or “Collection Boxes” under location type. Then a list of the nearest drop-offs will appear. You can even view the hours of operation and all the services available at those locations. In addition, you can share the location by ticking the box and entering the email address that you want to send it to. There is 5 main drop off locations available.
1. Post Office: As there are thousands of post offices in the US, this is one of the most common options for USPS package drop off. You can find your nearest post office by choosing “Post Office” under the location type section on the tool.
2. USPS Collection Boxes: If your package meets the criteria to drop off at a collection box, then this option can be perfect for you. One of the benefits of using a USPS collection box is its convenience. You can drop off your package any time of the day without worrying about the open hours.
3. Self-Service Kiosks: If you can find a self-service kiosk nearby, you might find it handy and time-saving. All you will need to do is to find one by using the USPS website, get there with your package, and you can purchase the necessary stamps and labels at the kiosk. You won’t need to wait in a long queue like in a post office.
4. Contract Postal Units: A Contract Postal Unit (CPU) is an approved postal provider. If you choose to drop off your package at the CPU, its shipping service is much like a post office. You will need to be served at the counter to proceed with your shipping.
5. National Retailers: National retail is a great option if you need to drop off your package and go shopping at the same time. There are several national retailers that are approved shippers by USPS; Staples, Walmarts, Walgreens, and so forth. You can find one closest to you by choosing “National Retailer” under location type.
Now you should be able to find the most suitable USPS package drop off near you.
What size package can I put in a USPS collection box?
The USPS collection box is a great way to send small packages without having to go to the post office. However, there are some restrictions on what you can put in the USPS collection box. Here is a list of what you can NOT put in the USPS collection box.
- Both domestic and international stamped mail that weighs over 10 oz or that is thicker than 1/2 inch.
- International mail with a customs declaration that was incomplete and unsubmitted online.
- International mail that requires a customs declaration that carries postage stamps.
- Priority Mail Express International items without PS Form 2976-B.
If your package is larger than the maximum size or it applies to any of the above, then you will need to take it to a post office.
Can I drop off a package at USPS after hours?
If you have a package that needs to be delivered to the post office, but it’s after hours, you may be wondering if you can drop it off. The answer is yes, you can use a USPS collection box. It is a secure location where you can drop off your package any time of the day or night. But there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Your package must get accepted to be put in a USPS collection box. (You can refer to the restrictions mentioned previously.)
- You’ll need to make sure that the package is ready to go, and that you have the appropriate shipping label and postage.
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have the package’s tracking number.
If you have all of that, you can drop the package off at your nearest USPS collection box.
Can I drop off the USPS package at Staples?
Yes, you can drop off your USPS package at Staples as previously mentioned. If you are looking for a convenient way to drop off your USPS package, Staples might be the perfect option for you. Staples offers a package drop-off service that is convenient and easy to use. In addition, Staples is very conveniently open seven days a week! Keep in mind that Staples provides both USPS and UPS shipping services, so you will need to clearly identify your desired service.
Can I use any box to ship with USPS?
The answer to this question is yes, you can use any box to ship with USPS but there are some restrictions. The size of the box must be within the weight and size limits that are set by USPS. The box must also be able to safely hold the contents of your shipment. If you are unsure about the size and weight requirements, you can visit the USPS website for more information.
If you’ve ever shipped a package, you’re likely familiar with the U.S. Postal Service. The USPS offers a variety of shipping services, including a package drop off option. This is a great way to send a package if you don’t have time to queue at a post office. The USPS package drop off allows you to drop off your package at the nearest location of your choice. You can find the best one for you by using the USPS locator tool. We hope this article has helped you drop off your USPS package at your preferred location close by.