Yes, there are certain guidelines which you should keep in mind while packing your UPS shipment. If you want to make sure that your package arrives safely with UPS then you should keep some of the points in mind while packaging. these points are discussed in the next paragraph.
You can also view this video for more info:
We are discussing some more points below developed from UPS research.
- Try to use an intact hard box and before packing see that box should not have broken flaps.
- If you are using old box then before packing your shipment, you should make sure that no other labels or hazardous materials indicators or other previous irrelevant signs are present on the box.
- Note: Always prefer to use new box
- If you shipping more than one item in the single box, then you should first wrap all items separately and then pack them in one box.
- If the package is very delicate and can be broken easily then try to apply adequate cushioning material around the package.
- Try to apply broad and strong tape for binding. There are many tapes are available in the market suitable for packing shipping material.
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap.
- Always use the shipping label on the package. You can print the label online also.
- The shipping label should have address mentioned very clearly.
- Also, print a duplicate address label and keep it inside the package. That will help to locate the package in case of the lost address label.
We have discussed some of the guidelines here which everyone should keep in mind which packing packages before shipping it with UPS. If your package needs more critical handling then visit nearest UPS store. Hope this information helpful for you. We update our site on regular basis, so keep visiting the website. If you have any further query, comment on the comment box below.