Last Updated on 18/08/2023 by UPS_ Admin
Navigating the world of shipping perks, UPS presents a tempting offer: free boxes. But how straightforward is this deal? While online orders via a UPS account hold promise, in-store experiences may vary. Dive into the intricacies of UPS’s box offerings and the realm of franchised stores with us.
Does UPS Give Free Boxes In 2023?
Yes, UPS offers free shipping supplies, including boxes, in 2023. However, there are conditions to note:
- Purpose of Packaging: Free UPS packaging is intended for use with UPS 2nd day air or higher services, not for Ground.
- Variety of Supplies: Apart from boxes, UPS provides free Express Envelopes, shipping forms, stickers, pouches, bubble mailers, shipping bags, and even certain HAZMAT supplies.
- Availability: These supplies are free if you have a UPS account and order them online. Otherwise, you may incur charges at your local UPS Store.
- Restrictions: Like USPS’s policy with Priority Mail boxes, UPS’s free supplies are meant for shipping via their services only.
In summary, UPS does offer free boxes in 2023, but it’s essential to use them correctly and understand the associated conditions. It’s a beneficial service for those wanting to save on shipping costs.
How Do I Order Free UPS Boxes?
To order free UPS boxes and other shipping supplies:
- Create a UPS Account: You must first have a UPS account. If you don’t, sign up here by providing the required information like your name and email address.
- Navigate to Supplies: Once logged in, go to the drop-down shipping menu and choose the “packaging and shipping supplies” option.
- Select Items: You will be directed to the “order supplies” page where you can pick from a range of items like envelopes, labels, stickers, and more. Simply choose the category and select the items you wish to order.
- Checkout: After adding everything to your cart, proceed to enter your shipping information and complete the order.
Remember, while you can order these supplies for free online, picking them up in person at a local UPS Store may incur a charge. Always order online to avail of the free supplies.
How Much Are UPS Boxes?
While UPS offers free shipping supplies to account holders who order online, the cost varies if you decide to purchase in-store. Due to UPS Stores being franchises, prices differ based on the location. However, here’s a general estimate for various standard-sized boxes:
- 8”x8”x8” – $1.75
- 11”x11”x11” – $2.50
- 14”x14”x14” – $3.50
- 12”x12”x18” – $3.75
- 16”x16”x16” – $4.00
- 20”x20”x20” – $6.50
- 22”x22”x22” – $7.00
Please note these are approximate prices and may vary. For accurate costs and packaging material availability, visit the UPS store locator to find your nearest store and inquire directly.
What Are UPS’ Free Box Sizes?
UPS provides a variety of free box sizes for account holders who order online:
- UPS Express Box – 32 cm x 8.5 cm x 47 cm
- Small UPS Express Box – 33 cm x 28 cm x 5 cm
- Medium UPS Express Box – 16″ x 11″ x 3″
- UPS Express Hard Pak – Secure – 14.75″ x 11.5″ x 1.75″
- UPS Express Tube – 38″ x 6″ x 6″
In addition to boxes, UPS offers several free envelopes and paks:
- UPS Pad Pak – 14.75″ x 11″
- UPS Express Pak – 16″ x 12.75″
- UPS Express Hard Pak – 14.75″ x 11.5″ x 1.75″
- UPS Express Reusable Envelope – 12.5″ x 9.5″
- UPS Window Envelope – 12.5″ x 9.5″
- UPS Express Envelope – 34 cm x 25 cm
- UPS Legal Express Reusable Envelope – 15″ x 9.5″
- UPS Legal Window Envelope – 15″ x 9.5″
For additional shipping supplies, such as paper label pouches, blank forms, tags, and service-specific labels, users can visit the “order supplies” page on the UPS website.
Can I use USPS free boxes for UPS shipping?
While UPS will accept packages in USPS Priority Mail boxes, using USPS free Priority boxes for any method other than USPS Priority Mail is prohibited by USPS. Many people do reuse Priority boxes for returns via another carrier after it has been used once through Priority Mail, but obtaining free boxes from USPS with the intention to ship them via UPS is not allowed. If you decide to use a USPS box for UPS shipping, it’s recommended to cover or conceal any USPS markings, as UPS is more accepting of boxes without visible USPS branding. Note that turning newer USPS boxes inside out may not hide the branding, as some have “Priority” printed on the inside. Wrapping the box in paper is a viable option to conceal its origin.