How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number | Simple Steps
Last Updated on 24/07/2022 by Miki Yoshida
There are many reasons you might need to track a package without a tracking number. Maybe you lost the number or it was never provided to you. In any case, there are a few ways you can still track your package and find out where it is and when it will arrive. We’ll walk you through the process step by step for UPS, USPS, DHL and FedEx in this article, so keep reading!
- 1 How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For UPS
- 2 How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For USPS
- 3 How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For DHL
- 4 How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For FedEx
- 5 In Conclusion
How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For UPS
There are several different ways that you can track a UPS package without a tracking number:
Track by Reference Number
- The first step is to go to the UPS website and click on the “Track a Package” link.
- From there, you can choose to track a package by clicking “Track by Reference Number.”
- Then, in a pop-up window, you will select shipment type, shipment reference, shipper account, date range, destination country/territory and zip/postal code. You’ll be able to track your package!
UPS My Choice®
Another way is to use the UPS My Choice®. The My Choice will allow you to see all of your UPS packages in one place. You can track your package without a tracking number. You can also sign up for text or email notifications to track your package. It’s free to sign up although there’s a paid membership to access more features: UPS My Choice®
If the package was sent via UPS, you can track it using the UPS InfoNotice number. This number can be found on the bottom right of the UPS InfoNotice left by the UPS driver at the first delivery attempt.
UPS Customer Service
You can also track a UPS package without a tracking number by simply calling UPS customer service at 1-800-742-587. When you call, you will need to provide the customer service representative with the ship-to ZIP code, the reference number and any other details of the shipment that you can provide them with.
Lastly, if you don’t have the tracking number, you can still track the package by contacting the sender.
How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For USPS
USPS also provides a few different ways to track your package without a tracking number:
USPS Informed Delivery®
One way to track a USPS package is to use the Informed Delivery service. With Informed Delivery, you can see the tracking number on your dashboard. Also, you’ll be able to check what mail is coming to your address each day, including packages. Keep in mind that you’ll need to be currently subscribing to the service in order to use this method. If not, you can sign up to create a new account for free: Informed Delivery®
USPS Package Intercept®
Another way is to use the USPS Package Intercept® service. With this service, you can request that the USPS intercept and redirect a package before it is delivered. This way, you can arrange the pickup of your package at the Delivery Post Office™.
If the methods mentioned above didn’t work, you could still track the package by contacting the sender.
How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For DHL
If you’re expecting a package from DHL but don’t have the tracking number, there’s no need to worry as well:
First, DHL recommends contacting the shipper to track your package if you don’t have the tracking number.
Track by Reference Number
For DHL Express, you can track a package with the reference number:
- The first step is to go to the DHL Express website and click on the “Track” link and click on “Reference.”
- Then, you will see a new page for “Track By Reference.”
- All you need to do next is enter shipment reference, account number, destination and date range, and lastly click “Track.”
How To Track A Package Without Tracking Number For FedEx
If you need to track a package that was sent via FedEx but do not have the tracking number, there are a few steps you can take just like UPS, USPS and DHL:
Track by Reference Number
- The first step is to go to the FedEx website and click on “Tracking” on the menu bar.
- Next, you will need to select “All Tracking Services” from the dropdown.
- On the next page, simply click “Track By Reference” and enter the reference number and the destination country/territory.
FedEx Delivery Manager®
You can also try checking your package on a FedEx account online. If you’ve created an account with FedEx, you can log in and check the status of your shipment. You can sign up for free: FedEx Delivery Manager®
FedEx® Mobile App
Alternatively, you can download FedEx® Mobile App on your mobile phone and conveniently get your package tracking alerts wherever you are.
FedEx Customer Service
You can also call FedEx customer service at 1-800-463-3339 and provide the package’s information to see if they can help you locate the package.
If you have the sender’s information, you can also contact them to see if they have the tracking number.
So there you have it! It is possible to track a package without a tracking number, but it may be more difficult than if you had one. You can try using a shipping company’s website to track your package, as well as the websites of the companies that shipped your package to you. You can also try contacting the sender of the package and asking them for the tracking number. If all else fails, you can always try contacting the shipping company directly and asking them to help you track your package. We hope you’ve found this article helpful and you can also learn more about UPS tracking.