Last Updated on 06/06/2021 by Miki Yoshida
USPS Lost Package Claim: Sometimes there may take place of situations with any of the USPS customers not getting the USPS package or the mail delivery within a reasonable time. Here the reasonable time for the USPS delivery is considered up to 24 hours of the time frame that comes after the passage of expected delivery time from USPS.
It means that if the USPS doesn’t take delivery of the package or the mail even after the 24 hours passing of the expected delivery time from the USPS, then the mail or the package can be considered as lost.
However, there may be other cases also due to which the package or the mail can’t be delivered to the recipient, which includes the damaged packages and the denial of package collection by the recipient.
In the case of loss or the damaged package or the mail, the customers are required to make a claim to USPS for the concerned packages or the mails as the case may be.
Here we are telling you the way by which you can make a domestic claim to USPS for the lost or the damaged packages.
How To Appeal A USPS Lost Package Claim:
- Go to the official website of the USPS which is usps.com/domestic-claims
- There you need to sign in in the online claim section with your USPS username and the password
- In case you are a new user you can sign up for the new account.
- After logging in you will be required to provide the tracking number and the shipping date of the concerned package or mail.
- Next, you need to select the reason for filing the claim, provide the real reason there.
- After that, you will be asked to provide proof of the value of the lost package which includes the receipt of the item purchase lost.
- Upload the images of the package which got lost.
- If the lost package was insured then you need to provide the insurance information also such as the insurance fees etc.
- Now finally submit the application for the domestic claim.
Other Methods To File A USPS Lost Package Claim
You can also file your complaint by reaching to any of the below options.
- You can file your complaint by phone calls calling at the 1-800-877-8339 USPS phone number.
- You can reach out to the local USPS post office station manager and get your complaint registered there.
- Furthermore, you can mail your complaints or write a complaint letter to the USPS postal service consumer advocate.
So, you may file or get your complaint registered by any of the above methods, and USPS will take the required action to sort out the concerning complaints.
After submitting the claim you will need to be patient until the claim is resolved from USPS. Once the claim is resolved you will be notified by USPS for review. We know your next question can be as follows:
How Long Does It Take To Review A USPS Lost Package Claim?
After you completed the online claim with all required documentation that supports a payable claim and UPSP has received your claim, it is usually paid within 5-7 business days.
You can also check your domestic claim status as long as it’s made online. Simply log into the above official USPS website for the domestic claim and check the status in your USPS account.
There you have the information on how to file a USPS appeal of a domestic claim. If you have further questions, please feel free to leave a comment. You may also want to read this article to make a UPS claim.