USPS Appeal of Domestic Claim: Sometimes there may take place the situations with any of the USPS customer of not getting the USPS package or the mail delivery within a reasonable time. Here the reasonable time for the USPS delivery is considered up to the 24 hours of time frame that comes, after the passage of expected delivery time from USPS.
It means that if the USPS doesn’t take delivery of the package or the mail even after the 24 hours passing of the expected delivery time, from the USPS then the mail or the package can be considered as lost.
However, there may be other cases also due to which the package or the mail can’t be delivered to the recipient, which includes the damaged packages and the denial of package collection by the recipient.
In the case of lost or the damaged package or the mail, the customers are required to make the claim from the USPS for the concerned packages or the mails as the case may be.
Here we are telling you the way by which you can make a domestic claim from the USPS for the lost or the damaged packages.
- Go to the official website of the USPS which is usps.com/domestic-claims
- There you need to sign in in the online claim section with your USPS username and the password
- In case you are a new user you can sign up for the new account.
- After logging in you will be required to provide the tracking number and the shipping date of the concerned package or mail.
- Next, you need to select the reason for filing the claim, provide the real reason there.
- After that, you will be asked to provide the proof of the value of the lost package which includes the receipt of the item purchase lost.
- Upload the images of the package which got lost.
- If the lost package was insured then you need to provide the insurance information also such as the insurance fees etc.
- Now finally submit the application of domestic claim.
After submitting the claim you will need to be patient until the claim is resolved from the USPS. Once the claim is resolved you will be notified by the USPS for the review.